Change IP Address in Mozilla Firefox
To avoid using third-party tools, Mozilla Firefox enables you to connect
through a proxy by default. All you have to do is change the proxy
settings to use the correct Internet protocol, or IP, address and port.
The proxy IP address and port are provided by the proxy provider. You
can find hundreds of free and premium proxies through a Google search.
STEP #1 to change IP address in Firefox
STEP #2 to change your IP address in Firefox
- Click on the Advanced tab, and then on the Network tab.
- In the "Connection" area, click Settings.
- Check the box for "Manual proxy configuration".
- Check the box "Use this proxy server for all protocols"
- In the box "No Proxy for", enter "localhost, 127.0.0.1" so that connections within your computer don't go through the external relay.
STEP #4 to change IP address of Firefox
The "HTTP Proxy" that you use may either be a free public proxy that you find on the net, a private proxy that you own, or one that was given to you by a paid service such as iPrivacyTools.
If you opt for the free option (public proxies), be aware of the risks and do not submit any online forms that require login information, personal or financial data. It is very difficult or impossible to know whether a free relay is being operated by a legitimate party. If you're going to change your Firefox IP address often, it is highly advisable to use a private service - whether that be our service or another.
- Click OK at the bottom of the dialog box to exit the setup.
- Click on iPrivacyTools.com/my-ip-address/ to see if your IP address has changed.
Congratulations on completing the change of IP address in Firefox!
Finally, to get your regular Internet connection back at anytime, simply repeat steps 1-2, and in step 3 check the box for "Direct connection to the Internet".